The International Research Based Pharmaceutical Manufacturers Association (IRPMA), composed of multinational R&D pharmaceutical manufacturers and aiming at improving the overall pharmaceutical environment. Facing the foreseeable challenges, IRPMA committees are going to employ outstanding industry talents working under a functional based organization to exert for the pharmaceutical industry on the issues critical to the development of the pharmaceutical industry.
Three Functional Committees:
- Medical & Regulatory Affairs Committee
- Establish a transparent, efficient and reasonable system for regulatory applications in Taiwan.
- Accelerate the internationalization of the drug regulation by establishing guidelines that are in line with international requirements for clinical trial protocol and new drug approvals.
- Market Access Committee
- To secure a reasonable NHI payment scheme and establish an explicit drug pricing policy.
- Enhance patients’ right of drug accessibility.
- Public Affairs & Communication Committee
- Enhance IRPMA's image and reputation. Clearly explain and communicate IRPMA's principles and positions to related stakeholders.
- External Communication
- Strengthen communication on value of innovative medicine
- Facilitate positive policy change on new drug price and review process
- IRPMA Code of Marketing Practices
- Public educations on proper drug usage
- Convey IRPMA's position and consideration toward government's regulation and policy
- Internal Communication
- Monthly committee meeting to facilitate internal communication on key topics among the working committees, and to build consensus among member companies
- Provide daily news clipping to member companies focusing on healthcare related information and government policy
Talent Pool Working Groups:
- Cross-Strait Affairs Working Group
- Finance and Administration Working Group
- Legal and IP Working Group
- SPD Working Group